Welcome to Zmodo Support
[FAQ]How do I manually update the firmware for my device?
Date:May 21, 2018 00:15AM View:143215
The Zmodo app will automatically prompt you if you have an new firmware update available for your device, however the instructions below will guide you in updating your firmware manually through the Zmodo app. You will be able to update your Zmodo device no matter where you are, as long as you have a working internet connection.
1. Open the Zmodo app and log in using your Zmodo account information.
2. Select the device that you would like to update from your Device List.
3. Press the Settings icon to view the settings menu.
4. Press the Expanded Menu icon to view more options.
5. If you have a new firmware available, the firmware will be displayed as "New Firmware Available". Press this option to view the update screen.
6. Carefully read the update notes, and press "Update" to update.
7. Your device will automatically download and install the new firmware. If you leave this screen, the firmware will update automatically in the background. Note: Do NOT power off your Zmodo device until the firmware has been successfully updated. If you power it off, you will risk permanently damaging your Zmodo device.
Is this content helpful?
Contact Customer Support