Welcome to Zmodo Support
Zink Setup Introduction
Date:May 09, 2020 09:15AM View:23735
1. On the upper right corner tap the plus sign (+) and select the "Zink" connection method.
2. The device will broadcast a temporary WiFi access point named "ZMD_SAP". Access your phone's WiFi settings page, and connect the network called “ZMD_SAP”.
3. Return to Zmodo app and enter the name of your WiFi network (This is also called an SSID) and password. Both the WiFi name and password are case sensitive.
Note: If you are using a dual-band router and have 2 different WiFi Network names a 2.4GHz and a 5GHz you need to use a the 2.4GHz.
4. After you enter the wifi information the app may prompt you to connect to your WiFi network. If you are prompted, got to the WiFi settings page on your phone or tablet and connect to your WiFi network. Once you are connected, return to the Zmodo app and wait for your device/s to connect to the WiFi network. This may take a few minutes.
Note: Look at the status/indicator light on the camera/s, it should change to solid blue when connected.
5. If you are not prompted to connect to your WiFi network, The Zmodo app will show a screen stating “waiting for connection” This may take a few minutes.
Note: Check the status/indicator light on the camera/s, when it's blinking blue, the Zmodo device is connecting to a WiFi network. When it's Solid Blue, the zmodo device is successfully connected.
Your app should ask you to Name the device. The name goes at the top where the ID is located it will replace the ID as you type a name in.
Contact Customer Support